Michael McIntire-36

Name: Michael McIntire
Email: mcintirefam@gmail.com
Age at time of Dissection: 36
Type of Dissection: Ascending
Date of Aortic Dissection: 22 March 2012
Tell Us Your Story:

My wife emailed my story to this website when it was still going on. On March 22, 2012 I had emergency open heart surgery to repair an ascending dissection and a valve replacement. After the first surgery I ended up developing a condition called cardiac tamponade, and so they had to open me up a second time on April 20th, 2012. My wife made a video of the whole experience. It explains the whole journey there.

• Lance September 8, 2013, 3:56 pm

Hey buddy, I too had an ascending aortic dissection. My story is on this website in the 40 year old section. You are truly blessed and I know every emotion that you have been and will be going through.
    You have a beautiful family and cherish everyday. If you ever need to talk feel free to email me.

God bless,
    Lance Tibbetts (July 2011)

• Mel Whiteside November 13, 2013, 12:02 am

Wow, I’m sitting here tears streaming down my face. I have to go to work in 5 minutes! The beginning of your story is mine aswell.My 40 year old husband dissected 18 months ago.Acute type A and B . He was a champion swimmer, ironman and triathlete. Your story is so much worse than ours. Life IS very precious. All the best for your beautiful family, hugs from Australia Mel xo

• Varicose Veins Cause December 17, 2013, 6:44 pm

I cried looking at the video. My Interest to know how you overcomed it was in my second thought now. What I appreciate much is your courage to fight for it and the courage of your wife to help you get thru it all.

• Ruth May 6, 2015, 11:24 am

Wow that video made me cry. My story is under ascending aortic dissection under 30’s. I was 37 at the time……3 years ago. We didn’t take pictures but I can only imagine that I looked a lot like you did. All hooked up to machines. My husband was told that I may have suffered brain and kidney damage…….I didn’t! Thank you God. Thank you God for you surviving. You have a beautiful family. Hugs.

• Abbas R. August 26, 2015, 9:41 am

Dear Michael and wife,

So very heartening (no pun intended) to hear your story. Great video too – made me choke up a bit. That cardiac tamponade is a ****er alright. Although I didn’t mention it in my story (Ascending and descending, 40s), i did have it as a result of the combined rupture and dissection I experienced. Best wishes to both you and your lovely kids – may you live many many years of a wonderful life.

• Rose Fekech September 9, 2015, 6:24 pm

God Bless your family. Thank you for sharing your story! It brings hope!!!